Many parents seek out extra support for their children during their pre-school years to better prepare them for their entry into kindergarten…as it’s no longer just ABCs and 123s! Sari offers Kindergarten Readiness sessions for typically developing children to help them sharpen their present skills.
Sessions may include:
- Addressing fundamental formation of capital letters with a variety of low-tech (i.e. Play-doh) and high-tech (i.e. iPad applications) methods
- Using scissors to cut out basic shapes and forms
- Increasing independence to follow multi-step directions such as needed when sequencing arts & craft type activities
- Working on developing more mature grasp patterns when using different writing tools
- Using crayons with control versus large scribbles
- Fostering social skills needed to engage in a bigger classroom setting like turn-taking, learning “to wait” their turn, and expanding on ideas for play.