Home & School Environment Assessment
Children with sensory needs often benefit from adaptations in their environment to support their success. In addition to therapy sessions, Sari offers a customized assessment of the home and/or school environment that will offer physical and sensory strategies to meet each child’s individual needs.
Such strategies may include:
- De-cluttering and/or re-organizing your child’s bedroom to help ease difficulties with bedtime
- Creating an appropriate workspace with appropriate seating to complete homework
- Making a visual schedule to ease transitions and daily routines
- Setting up a soothing sensory environment by including the right music, lighting, wall color, and bedding.
- Finding the just right “sensory diet” to foster success throughout the day
- Offering suggestions to teachers to improve your child’s school performance via specialty seating, paper, and pencil grasps.
- Collaboration with teachers to find the right sensory strategies to help with attention and focus.
School visits can often be arranged.